Pro Tips & Tricks
Help, my deodorant is stuck! -If the deodorant is hard to push up or stuck and won't budge try these following steps.
1. With the lid on roll the deodorant on a hard surface, this should loosen the deodorant from the inner lining of the tube and be able to push up.
2. If the deodorant is particularly tricky to get out even after rolling it on a hard surface, tip the tube upside down with the lid on and push with both thumbs on the base of the tube to release it. It should work now.
Help, I push up to much deodorant and it won't go back down! If you push up too much don't use your hand to push it back down just tap the bottom of the tube on a hard surface until it goes down the the size you want.
How much do I use? Push up from the bottom of the tube to expose about 1/4cm of product. Apply 1-2 swipes to a clean, odour-free underarm.
What do I do if the deodorant is loose? Simply push the base of the deodorant up to meet your skin, hold it there and swipe 1-2 times.
Help, my deodorant has a hole or crack in the centre! This is nothing to worry about. It's not a faulty product its science! The products are poured hot so as they cool the product moves to the edges sometimes causing a hole in the centre of the tube to develop. You are not getting less product because of the hole as we check the weight of every product that is made.
When should I apply the deodorant? Best applied in the morning after a shower. Works really well if applied every day. Lasts up to 12 hours but if you are working out or going through the transition phase you may need to use more often. See below for Transition phase.
* Using a natural deodorant can take up to 4 weeks to be effective, especially if you have been using a commercial antiperspirant.
Will my body adjust to natural deodorant and how long will it take?
* Here's what to expect when you first transition:
Week 1: At first it all goes well.
Week 2: Armpit bacteria begins to change, you may notice armpit odour. Most people give up at this stage thinking it isn't working for them. But be patient.
Week 3: Armpit bacteria begins to re-balance.
Week 4: You should have fully adjusted now.
Less is more - gently push up from the bottom of the stick to expose 1/4cm of deodorant and swipe 2-3 times under each arm. Our deodorant is a concentrated so a little bit goes a long way.
Apply to clean underarms. Its best applied in the morning after a shower or wash your armpits with soap and warm water before applying.
Wear it daily. Apply everyday and as often you feel you need to especially if you have been to the gym.
Everyone is different and sometimes life or diet changes your sweat patterns. Whats good for your mate/partner may not be the same for you. Be unique!
Customise your deodorant scent by layering different deodorants together.
What to do if the deodorant gets soft. If the weather is hot and your deodorant is getting soft pop it in the fridge to harden up.
What are the white specks on the top of the deodorant? If your deodorant has white speckles on the top it is from the magnesium powder making it extra effective!
Dry Shampoo Tips
Shaker method: Gently sprinkle a small amount of dry shampoo directly into your roots. Wait 30 seconds for the oils to absorb the powder. Using your fingers, massage, fluff and style your hair as usual.
Brush method: Tip small amount of dry shampoo into the container lid. Take a big fluffy makeup brush and dip it in the powder, gently shake off excess powder, then apply to your roots. Wait 30 seconds and style as directed above.
Overnight Method: Use either method above but apply at night before you go to bed to wake up with fresh hair.
* Can be used in shoes to give extra freshness.
* Use in between thighs or under bust to absorb sweat.
* Use as a light deodorant or to powder your deodorant in place.
Outdoor Body Balm Tips
More is More - Push up gently from the bottom of the tube to expose 1/2cm of product and cover as much skin as possible. If you forgot to apply the Outdoor Balm and do get bitten, rub it on the bite. Apply it to wherever you are likely to get bitten; ankles, arms, feet etc.
Don't be scared - Mozzies might hover, but they won't bite - just make sure you have covered ALL exposed skin.
*Use on an existing bite to help soothe it.
* Leave it uncapped beside your bed at night for some more protection.
* The scent is a very pleasant woody smell and not overpowering. It contains no water so perfect for throwing into your bag when you head outdoors.
* Using a DEET-free stick repellent may take some time to get use to but its totally worth giving up the overwhelming toxic stench of bug repellent sprays, especially when there is food around.
Lip Butta Tips